Author Interview on Celebrate Lit Blog Tour
- How do you select the names of your characters?
Usually, I go online and pick some random combinations of first and last names that fit my characters. Like Italian last name, etc. I’ve also used some websites to generate character names. I’m entertaining the idea of having readers pick a name.
- What is your favorite childhood book?
I used to like Enid Blyton’s books and a lot of abridged classics.
- What comes first, the plot or characters?
It’s kind of a chicken and egg question. Right now, I already have a cast of characters to work with. However, back when I was planning the prequel, I followed the Save the Cat outline structure to plot. I had to come up with a protagonist to fill in all the beats. So, I guess the plot comes first.
- Who is the author you most admire in your genre?
This would be a hard question. I admire so many authors in my genre, like James Patterson, Mary Higgins Clark, or indie authors LT Vargus and Christopher Greyson.
- What do you like to do when you are not writing?
When I’m not writing, I’m reading or binge watching TV cop/crime shows.